Clark County giving away tests to detect radon levels in homes

David Garrett did not know what radon was until a friend at the health department suggested that he pick up a free radon testing kit. "I hung it up right away," the Springfield Twp. resident said, adding that he was shocked when he received the...[Read More]

Date Published: 09/27/2007

Brooklyn Sportsman's Club to host community awareness on Radon

The Brooklyn Sportsman's Club, located at 475 Monroe St., Brooklyn, will not only be providing breakfast of coffee and donuts at 9 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 4, but the club location will also be providing knowledgeable information to the community about the...[Read More]

Date Published: 12/31/2019

New Rules For Radon Safety

WXYZ) - According to the Environmental Protection Agency, thousands of cancer deaths each year are caused by radon gas. There are steps we can take to protect ourselves and our families… but too few of us are taking the action that's needed. When we...[Read More]

Date Published: 10/08/2009

Testing for radon in home not difficult

After smoking, radon is the No. 1 cause of lung cancer. The good news is you can detect it in your home and remove it with relative...[Read More]

Date Published: 09/02/2008

January is National Radon Action Month

January is National Radon Action Month and Mid-Michigan health departments are warning against the dangers of the gas. Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas found in soil and rock in all parts of the United States that is colorless and...[Read More]

Date Published: 01/22/2020